Even though we have been in COVID lockdown for quite some time, many students still have a desire for travel and adventure before they move into the working world. Taking a ‘year out’ or a gap year is a common pursuit for many students as it offers the chance to experience new worlds before settling down to work.
But where to leave all the personal items you have accumulated. It’s not always possible to leave items with family (especially if you are an international student in Belfast) so what do you do? A simple but effective solution to this is to store your personal property away in self storage.
Why choose self storage when you are travelling overseas?
- Reduced Damage Risk– With Go Box self storage your personal belongings are carefully stored away and only taken out when they are being returned to you
- Flexibility– Need to store your boxes for longer? No problem! Contact us and let us know if you need to change anything!
- Cost Effectiveness– Are costs starting to mount up? Van rentals? Hiring a removals team? Our mobile self storage units are safer, lower cost and more convenient!
- We Keep It Until You Need It! Not sure of dates when you need your belongings? At GoBox, we store your items securely until you request their return. Our service includes delivery to your new location on the day of your choice.
- Central Location– Need quick access? Our storage centre is less than 0.5 miles from Belfast City Centre.
- Protected by Insurance– Need piece of mind when your belongings are in storage? Your goods are protected with industry leading insurers.
- Dust Free: stored items remain clean and dust free.
How Self Storage Works
Our student service has been specially designed to make storage simple, secure and convenient..it’s as simple as 1,2,3!
- order online and we deliver boxes and packing materials next business day
- we collect your boxes and storage items on your preferred collection day
- we store your stuff securely and return them when you need them!
How to Store Efficiently!
Utilising your cardboard boxes efficiently means you have everything organised for when they are returned to you! So how do you make the most of them. Well, you feel overwhelmed at the idea of having to pack everything away- but help is here- follow our checklist to help make storing, stress free!
Declutter- Now is the time to get rid of what you don’t need.
Utilise the Storage Boxes– Heavy items should be placed at the bottom of a box, with lighter items on top to reduce breakage.
Protect Easily Breakable Kitchenware– If you have lots of plates, it is much safer to pack them vertically as this will reduce the chance of them breaking or chipping.
Label and Itemise Each Box– Keep similar items together- so one box could be for books, one for clothes, one for kitchen items etc. As you pack your boxes, remember to keep a note of what is in each box, then stick that note at the top of each box.
Reduce Spillages and Breakages– Tape bottle caps closed and put in sandwich bags. Jewellery can also be a problem to store so remember to utilise straws for necklaces and egg cartons, pillboxes or lunchboxes to stop items getting lost or broken.
Other Odds and Ends– For all those other little things that don’t fit in any specific category, again utilise sandwich bags. Simply label and put away in a box.
When planning your year out, the challenge is finding somewhere safe and affordable to keep your goods. With Go Box Self Storage you can be assured your personal items are safely stored away until you need them- so you can enjoy your travels and new life experiences!
Moving doesn’t need to be stressful. At GoBox Self Storage, we offer great value, door-to-door storage for students in the Greater Belfast area.
We Deliver, You Pack, We Store
NOTICE: We cannot store Food, Flammable Liquids (including Aerosols, Paints & Varnishes), Firearms or Illegal Substances.