As students in Belfast are often moving from place to place or traveling home or abroad, self storage is a great lifehack that is the most hassle and worry free option for storing belongings and valuables.
As experts in student storage, we have put together this handy guide to provide you with everything you need to know about storage, so that when you leave your personal belongings with us, you can be assured your items are safe and secure.
What Exactly is Self Storage?
Self storage offers an affordable and convenient option when looking for somewhere that will store your possessions in a secure, safe space.
Go Box provides student self storage in the Greater Belfast area for students at Queens University or Ulster University. Our service is simple- you pack, we collect, we store and when you are ready, we will deliver your belongings to you at your desired location- it couldn’t be simpler!
Why Use Go Box Self Storage for your Student Self Storage?
Here’s a few reasons why you should consider self storage for storing your belongings:
- Reduced Damage Risk – With Go Box self storage your personal belongings are carefully stored away and only taken out when they are being returned to you
- Flexibility – Need to store your boxes for longer? No problem! Contact us and let us know if you need to change anything!
- Low cost – Are costs starting to mount up? Van rentals? Hiring a removals team? Our mobile self storage units are safer, lower cost and more convenient!
- Free Student Storage Pack– As part of our service, we provide students with a student storage pack that includes 5 Boxes (400x420x600mm), Bubble Wrap (5m x 30cm), 1 x 60m Roll of Packing Tape, 1 marker pen.
- We Keep It Until You Need It! Not sure of dates when you need your belongings? At GoBox, we store your items securely until you request their return. Our service includes delivery to your new location on the day of your choice.
- Central Location – Need quick access? Our storage centre is less than 0.5 miles from Belfast City Centre.
- Security – Need piece of mind when your belongings are in storage? Your goods are protected with industry leading insurers.
- Dust Free – stored items remain clean and dust free.
How Does Student Self Storage Work?
Setting up your self storage couldn’t be easier with our step by step guide.
WE DELIVER – order online and we deliver boxes and packing materials next business day
YOU PACK – we collect your boxes and storage items on your preferred collection day
WE STORE –we store your stuff securely and return it to your new address at the start of term
What Types of Things do Students Store?
Student belongings will typically include a mix of the following:
- Personal modes of transport: Bicycles, roller blades, scooters
- Stationery and books: course material, books, pens, notepads, highlighters
- Important documents: birth certificate, exam results, driving license, insurance documents
- Electricals: laptops, printers
- Clothes: coats, jeans, shoes, winter, summer wear, belts, dresses
- Toiletries: makeup, perfumes, creams
- Kitchenware: cutlery, saucepans, crockery
- Storage and filing items: folders, mail trays, pencil pots, storage boxes,
- Decorations: Fairy lights, posters, pillows, blankets, sentimental items from home
- Sports equipment: Balls, cricket pads, golf clubs, hockey gear, sports wear, rackets
How Best to Use Our Self Storage Boxes
Utilising your student storage pack efficiently means you have everything organised for when they are returned to you! So how do you make the most of it? Well, help is here- follow our checklist to help make storing, stress free!
- Declutter – Now is the time to get rid of what you don’t need.
- Utilise the Storage Boxes – Heavy items should be placed at the bottom of a box, with lighter items on top to reduce breakage.
- Protect Easily Breakable Kitchenware – If you have lots of plates, it is much safer to pack them vertically as this will reduce the chance of them breaking or chipping.
- Label and Itemise Each Box – Keep similar items together- so one box could be for books, one for clothes, one for kitchen items etc. As you pack your boxes, remember to keep a note of what is in each box, then stick that note at the top of each box.
- Reduce Spillages and Breakages – Tape bottle caps closed and put in sandwich bags. Jewellery can also be a problem to store so remember to utilise straws for necklaces and egg cartons, pillboxes or lunchboxes to stop items getting lost or broken.
- Other Odds and Ends – For all those other little things that don’t fit in any specific category, again utilise sandwich bags. Simply label and put away in a box.
How Do I Go About Setting Everything Up?
There are a number of options- you can fill in our online order form or you can phone us and organise it over the phone. During this we will organise when you will receive your student self storage pack and when your boxes will be collected.
We Deliver, You Pack, We Store
To book your storage solution, go to:
E: [email protected]
T: 028 9600 5005
NOTICE: We cannot store Food, Flammable Liquids (including Aerosols, Paints & Varnishes), Firearms or Illegal Substances.