The end of the student year is getting closer and you are probably starting to look forward to seeing family and friends at home. You probably haven’t considered what to do with all your belongings during this time so now is probably a good idea to start to organise storage!
It doesn’t make much sense to try and pack everything up and bring it all with you, just to bring it all back again in September! And as an international student in Northern Ireland, its not possible to store your belongings with family.
Because students often don’t stay in the same accommodation, moving numerous times throughout their years of study, self storage for students is a great way to keep your things safe between term times or houses – for very little cost!
If you’re an international student studying at Queens University Belfast or the Ulster University, you probably need to leave your personal belongings somewhere safe during your summer break.
It can be difficult to find somewhere safe to store away your valuable items. Thankfully, GoBox Self Storage offers a simple, secure solution to your storage needs.
As well as being simple to use, safe and convenient – Go Box Self Storage is centrally located in Belfast- so your storage is always close at hand! This means you can use your time enjoying your summer and not worry about personal items back in Belfast.
Easy and Simple to Use Self Storage
As an international student you may not have access to a car or van. Luckily, GoBox have the perfect solution. We deliver our student pack to you (that contains cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, tape and a marker), you pack away your items, we come and collect them and store them away securely. Then when you are ready, we deliver they back to you- simple!
What security is in place at GoBox?
At Go Box, we realise you may be nervous about leaving your personal items in an unknown place. That’s why Go Box Storage storage units are monitored by 24-hour CCTV to provide you with peace of mind.
How Do I Go About Setting Everything Up?
There are a number of options- you can fill in our online order form or you can phone us and organise it over the phone. During this we will organise when you will receive your student self storage pack and when your boxes will be collected.
What’s the Optimum Way to Pack Your Storage?
- Declutter! – Clothes you don’t wear anymore, shoes that are worn, lamps that don’t work! Look over your belongings- are there items you don’t use or need? Maybe there are things that you have shoved to the back of a wardrobe that are just taking up space? Now is the time to get rid of what you don’t need.
- Utilise the Storage Boxes – Fill your cardboard boxes completely and distribute items evenly throughout. Heavy items should be placed at the bottom of a box, with lighter items on top to reduce breakage. When wrapping items, don’t use newspaper as there is a chance that ink might stain. In addition to this, wrap footwear in tissue paper to protect them. Double up space by stuffing your shoes with socks. This will also prevent shoes from losing shape.
- Protect Easily Breakable Kitchenware – If you have lots of plates, it is much safer to pack them vertically as this will reduce the chance of them breaking or chipping. If you run out of bubble wrap, utilise towels or socks to separate and protect.
- Label and Itemise Each Box – Throwing things randomly into a box may seem like a good idea when you are packing; but when it comes to unpacking, it can be very problematic. Keep similar items together- so one box could be for books, one for clothes, one for kitchen items etc. As you pack your boxes, remember to keep a note of what is in each box, then stick that note at the top of each box. Label each box so that when we deliver your belongings to your new accommodation, you know what is in each box.
- Reduce Spillages and Breakages – Toiletries are always at risk of spilling. If you are not able to use them up before you go, tape the bottle caps closed and put in sandwich bags. Jewellery can also be a problem to store so remember to utilise straws for necklaces and egg cartons, pillboxes or lunchboxes to stop items getting lost or broken. Need to store makeup safely? No problem! Just place a cotton wool pad between the lid and the powder to prevent powders breaking up. Remember to secure the powders and place in food bags to stop any spillages.
- Other Odds and Ends – For all those other little things that don’t fit in any specific category, again utilise sandwich bags. Simply label and put away in a box.
At GoBox Self Storage, we offer great value, door-to-door storage for students in the Greater Belfast area. Our student storage service has been specially designed to make your move simple, secure and convenient..it’s as simple as 1,2,3!
How Does Self Storage Work?
WE DELIVER – order online and we deliver boxes and packing materials next business day
YOU PACK – we collect your boxes and storage items on your preferred collection day
WE STORE –we store your stuff securely and return it to your new address at the start of term
We Deliver, You Pack, We Store
To book your storage solution, go to:
E: [email protected]
T: 028 9600 5005
NOTICE: We cannot store Food, Flammable Liquids (including Aerosols, Paints & Varnishes), Firearms or Illegal Substances.